General Expression Of Interest
On face value we are ship recycling company, but under the hood we are a technology company.
📢 Calling All Nerds and Practical Visionaries! Join the Leviathan Ship Recycling Revolution! 🌟
Hey, Get ready to unleash your inner nerd and embrace your practical side as we embark on an exhilarating journey at Leviathan GmbH. We're on the lookout for talented individuals who love all things geeky and are willing to dive into hands-on experiences. Oh, and don't be afraid to get your hands a little dirty – it's all part of the fun! 🤓🔧
Here at Leviathan, we celebrate the unique blend of professionality, practicality and nerdiness. Whether you're a practical person looking to embrace your inner geek or a full-fledged nerd ready to get your hands dirty, a professional who needs to get out of the office, we've got a place for you. It's okay to be a proud nerd as long as you're also practical and thrive in a social setting. Let's build something awesome together! 🚀💡
At Leviathan, we're not just building a business; we're building resilience; we do things differently. That's why we expect all our office-based staff to understand our work and ideally be able to operate some of our equipment. You might need to fill in when someone is unexpectedly not able to work…, plus we want everyone to understand our business inside out, from its challenges to its risks. Picture yourself somewhere in the ship cutting process overseeing a robot, dealing with our waste and recycling streams to our logistics. If the idea ignites your curiosity rather than scares you off, we'd love to hear from you! 🤖⚓
Now, here's the deal: We value your existing skills and experience, but we're also excited about the untapped potential within you. If there's an area where you lack training, skills, or experience but have a keen interest, fear not! Perhaps you can transition into a completely new career with us, or maybe you just want the opportunity to do something different once a week, once a month or every now and then. We'll look for opportunities to help you to develop those areas. Your imagination is the limit! Show us how you can contribute to our success. Let your passion and ideas run wild! 💼💡
At Leviathan, we foster a culture of open and direct communication. We believe in giving and receiving verbal feedback, whether it's good or bad, whenever it's needed. Forget the traditional end-of-year performance appraisals; we're all about building a high-performance organisation through ongoing, timely feedback. Together, we'll empower each other to grow and excel. 🌟🗣️
Oh, and did we mention we're all about Safety Differently? Forget about the conventional safety systems you've seen. We're rewriting the rulebook and embracing a whole new approach. With responsibility comes empowerment, and we'll trust you to own your decisions and contribute to our epic journey. 🚀🤝
While English is our business language, we encourage all team members to embrace the opportunity to learn and use German. It's a chance to immerse yourself in a vibrant culture and broaden your horizons. Please note that applicants must have permission to work in Germany, as we are unable to assist with visa matters. However, for the right candidate, we're happy to keep a position open while you navigate the necessary processes. 🇩🇪🗺️
Lastly, at face value we currently don’t look like a very diverse group. You might only see 5 similar looking people. But if you look closely, we have a bit of diversity in our mix. But we want more. And no, we don’t count being a super nerd as diversity.
Join us on this journey of practicality and nerdiness. Check out our website at leviathan.eu to discover more about our revolutionary enterprise. If you're ready to make your mark in an environment that embraces your unique mix of skills, passions, and potential, submit your application.
Now, let's keep things casual, shall we? We don't want a cookie-cutter application. Show us who you are and what you're all about. Paint a picture of your dreams, aspirations, and the incredible roles you could see yourself doing at Leviathan GmbH. Tell us about your ideal working life, part time, full-time, casual? Use links in your application as needed. Surprise us! 😎
You’ve made it this far… a few more details. We are wanting to start to get to know potential talent. We may have no specific role for you right now, but we still want to connect. We have some time before we ramp up operations.
We want to get this right and take our time getting to know a few potential super stars. The recruitment process is flexible, we have a rough plan of how it will proceed, but we are flexible and happy to spend our time getting to know you, in a non-traditional recruitment process. If this approach doesn’t work for you, then let’s be honest, we are probably not a good fit.
By the way – we are family friendly – but not like those corporates who are ‘certified’ family friendly for recruitment branding, but aren’t really...
Do some research, work out where we are in our journey, where you are on your journey, imagine what you could do with us in the short, medium, and long term. Tell us about it!
Tell us about yourself here by clicking Apply.
#JoinTheNerdvolution #LeviathanGmbH #NerdsAndPracticalsUnite #SmartPeople #SmartTechnology
- This all depends on what role we might have for you, where you fit in that role and where you are on your journey.
- Able to Work in Germany - but we will wait for the right person to get a work permit
- English and willing to at least learn German
- You bring something new to Leviathan
Nice to have
- Experience in Python Coding, AI, Machine Learning and Automation
- Cutting up Ships fast and safely
What's great in the job? (And for some not so great?)
- We are a Start Up - this means you get to help shape the company and set direction
- But that comes with what is a negative for some and a positive for others. We've got a lot to build, including our operational and corporate processes. Some people will thrive in this environment, some won't. Be honest with yourself if you can work in an environment that currently doesn't have typical corporate certianity, policies and procedures.
- We are going to be always innovating - our products and processes must always be changing and improving.
- Again, some people will thrive in this environment, some not. If you can't adapt to change often and quickly, then we don't have a fit.
- Flat Structures and delegation of authority as low as possible to enable timely decisions.
- But delegation of authority means accepting the associated responsibility. If you don't want the responsibility of a role, you can't have the delegation of authority.
- Flexible working hours and location. We are truly family friendly, but we still need to get the job done. Our head office is in Bremen, our current operations are in Stralsund, and you can work from home. Pretty much all our staff will be required to work in Bremen and Stralsund. Some more, some less. We intend to add more operational sites in the coming years.
- And to be clear our 'corporate' staff will be required to upskill to fill roles in our operations from time to time. To be able to fill in when an operator is away, to understand the challenges and needs of our operations team, to understand our risks, and to develop your skill set.
- Flexible Career - where you start in the company doesn't determine where you end up.